Sunday, January 16, 2011

Feeling like a mom, and learning to be social too!

*THEME OF THE BLOG: "He who avoids complaint, invites happiness."-Abu Bakr
I'm working on not complaining this year. That's not to say that I do it alot...but I do it enough. I find myself complaining about the small things. I tell myself that I complain about reasonable things, like any normal person, but I'm sure even those little complaints stopping sometimes, can make a huge difference in my life and the lives of those around me. So I challenge those reading this to do the same. If you find yourself complaining about something, small or big, ask yourself these questions-Is there anything I can do to change what I'm complaining about? is it REALLY a big deal? Will it matter tomorrow? or in 5 years? Invite happiness, by enjoying the little things, instead of complaining about them. The End. *

Hello fellow bloggers/readers of my blog! School is in session here in Iceburg, Idaho-at BYUIdo. Lucky me, I spent the first week and a half sick with a cold, causing me to be unsocial and slightly miserable. Especially when I had a choir audition, causing me to NOT make it into the choir because, well I didnt sound as good as I normally would-just my luck! ha, well maybe it wasn't meant to be. Well on the bright side(not that I was complaining or anything:)), I am now doing much better and went out with friends the last couple of nights!
School is keeping me super busy. My favorite parts of the week, are when I go to sleep at night, and I long await the weekends when I only work a little bit on at least one of those wknd days, and can then enjoy my time relaxing. I'm sure it will get even busier soon, as I am starting voice lessons next week as well. Should be excellent!

So despite loving sleep all the time, I am enjoying the things i'm learning in my classes-especially my preschool lab! We start having kids in the class this week! My staff/team is great! We have alot of great lesson plans and ideas! Its all legit-23 kids in the classroom, 6 on our staff, and lots of fun! I'm nervous and excited to start. There is SO much work to do for a preschool class-I kinda wish I was getting paid for this:) but thats ok because I'm learning tons for my future!

Nothing too exciting else is going on just yet. I practiced my bread making skills again on Friday and failed. ok. i didn't "fail". Its just that the bread didnt look right-still, I can't seem to let it rise enough. Its very edible but I want it to look full and like sandwhich bread. Any hints from anyone?!!? Practice I suppose. But I still feel like I'm not doin something right. I WILL get it right by the time I get married.

Thats all I gotta say this time round. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of good stuff going on, Rachelle! Especially that you're over your cold. If you feel like making rolls instead of bread, I have 2 pretty easy recipes that I alternate between. I leave bread to the bread machine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Soundtrack to My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones