Sunday, October 9, 2011

Control...lack there of.

*Random Thought of the Day: "The scriptures are a type of handbook for those who have faith in His plan of happiness and in Jesus Christ."-Richard G. Scott. I absoutely know this is true. I would be no where in my life, without the guidance of the scriptures. The End.*
Ok so my title. Control...lack there of. This is my life. Ok...so thats a little depressing. Really, I have control of my life, but I absolutely don't feel like it sometimes! My schedule is SO busy!!!! So busy, I'm starting to pray to find time to just sit down and practice guitar because I can't find time to do so. It's nice to have something so relaxing in my life.
Taking 17 credits and working 16-17 hours a week at BYU-I, is hard by the way. Though I do get to do homework at work a lot, there are still things I have to accomplish workwise; phone calls to answer, copies to make, children to make happy when they wet their pants, and not to mention---money to make :) The preschool department loves trying to run my life and could care less that I just failed my first accounting test and need to put more time into it as well, which could possibly lead to no dating or social life :)
WOAH----ok, I'm done with the negativity. For one thing, I REFUSE to not have a social life. I went on two dates this weekend and went dancing with my roommates-and it was nice to actually get out and have some fun. Needless to say, weekends are a joyous event. All day usually conisists of homework and accounting tutoring, but I find time to have fun and live the true college life!
For another thing, I also refuse to give up on any of my classes because somehow, I'll make it through the stressful parts. Even when just the thought of accounting is stressful :) God is watching out for me, and I'm realizing it more and more lately---what a GREAT feeling!
I hope everyone who was able to watch General Conference last weekend, enjoyed it! I had the opportunity to attend live :) I went down with a couple of friends to Salt Lake. We were able to get into the Saturday Afternoon and Sunday Morning sessions and watched the others on temple square. It was so good! I was truly touched and heard just what I needed to! I'm so very greatful for a worthy Prophet and worthy apostles and general authorities! They are truly called of God.
Really, things are going good. BYUI is just such a wonderful experience! My roommates and my friends are wonderful! My preschool children are wonderful! My ward is wonderful! They decided to give me not one, but two callings this semester---only because they are "small". I'm a ward talent representative-I'll be putting together a talent show this semester for the ward! I'm also a family history coordinator/rep. (not sure the actual title). This one will be interesting because I'll be teaching my FHE group how to index and the importance of Family History---which I have yet to fully realized :) So this will be good for me.
Life is good and so is frozen yogurt.
Have a great week! Check out pics below of my life!
Making bread in my new apron that my BFF Emily made for me!!!!
This is not very clear, but yes, I saw David Osmond in concert-he is very much so Donny Osmond's nephew and is SOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!
Me and Anthony at the concert!
Yes-Rexburg got snow. It is October.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Rachelle, you got to attend conference! That is fantastic! Such good messages. I'm glad you found an accounting tutor. Hang in there. You WILL get it!

    And, I'm not surprised you are the "talent coordinator." When YOU have so much of it (talent), you also have the knack of encouraging OTHERS to share THEIRS. :)

    ReplyDelete

Soundtrack to My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones