Saturday, January 23, 2010

Thoughts of the future

*Random Thought of the Day: I gotta say. If there were just one thing on my list of what i'll miss when I leave the Gila Valley, it is sights like this. It's worth getting up early in the morning just to see Mount Grahm! It's GORGEOUS with snow on it! Makes me happy! The End.*
Well, its been a nutso crazy couple of weeks! 500 hours of practicing! Ok....not that much-but enough to get BOTH my auditions DONE! Woohoo! Wish me luck and I appreciate your prayers! I really want to get into the music program at BYU Idaho. My plan however, if I don't get in, is to go up there anyway and try again, while continuing on with school-but things are still a little up in the air for now. Sadly, I did not recieve a part in the spring musical, but I got over it very quickly. I'm a little dissapointed, but I figure-everything happens for a reason. Or in this case, probably several reasons. My audition went well though and I did my best. And it's not like I can be mad at the director...since she is my voice and piano teacher(:
Life goes on-and it will because I have an extremely busy semester as is. It's been really great so far! I'm trying to have fun with everything, but stay motivated at the same time. Here's some pictures of some fun things I've done!

My friend Jessica had a birthday party on Saturday-she's the one-second one in on top of the couch above me(: This pic is me and 3 of my wonderful redhead friends! I just love having friends with red hair-they are the coolest!

We played "Catch A Phrase", which I kind of suck at(: Later that night, we also watched "Moulin Rouge"! Good movie!



Crystal, Me, Jess, Tessa-I hang out with them pretty much every day!



Last Friday, we had a NEON/GLOWSTICK Dance! It was so much fun! Me and my girls went all out and found 12 glowsticks for a buck at the dollar store! Yay! We danced the night away!



I've had some great times! Tuesdays and Thursdays continue to kill me, as I am in classes from 9-3 straight-which means I eat lunch during my 1:00 Institute class, or as I go from class to class I snack. Though I wake up a little grouchy on tuesdays especially since I also have to wear a dress for devotional, and knowing it will be a busy day, I am managing and doin my best! Life really is great. I recieved a blessing last week from a bishopric member to help me start off what is yet to be my all time busiest semester. I feel very much at peace, and I've changed my attitude around a little bit and am bound and determined to do well this semester. I'm going to leave EA with a bang!

Well-just thought I'd write a quick update! Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, Rachelle! Sorry about not getting a part. It sounds like you have successfully filled just about every minute withOUT it, though! That's good, to get a blessing at the beginning of a term. I can attest to the "peace of mind" thing being of utmost importance. Good luck, one week at a time-- :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep Breathe in, deep breath out. Girl you can do anything sweetie. Best of luck and success and don't forget to take time for sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear love,

    You called me like three times this past week. Such persistance made me wonder if you got engaged!

    From Curtis with love

    ReplyDelete

Soundtrack to My Life


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones